Galenica is one of the largest greek pharmaceutical companies with innovative proprietary medicines that it has already successfully exported to the Balkans. As part of the production process and quality control, there was a need to verify the introduction of a correct drug instruction booklet in the drug packaging.
Theodorou Automation SAICT, member of the Theodorou Group, responding to this need designed and implemented a control system for the introduction of a correct instruction booklet in a drug package which has an automatic stop of the cartridge case in case of error.
Click on the photographs for a larger view:
- Verification of the insertion of a correct package leaflet on the package of the medicine
- Automatic cardboard stop in case of error
- Barcode scanner for reading instruction booklet barcode
- Barcode scanner for reading drug packaging barcode
- Box detection sensor on cardboard
- PLC & verification software for correct insertion of instruction booklet in the package of the medicine
- Machine stop in case of error